You may have sworn off statistics after suffering through your high-school math class, but some figures are too important to ignore. Here are 10 of the most troubling health stats for men that we’ve uncovered while doing research. Avoid becoming one of them, and you’ll have a much better shot at dodging disease.
1. You’re more likely to die of a drug overdose than a car accident.
2. You probably spend more time shopping than exercising
3. A 20-ounce soda contains 15 to 18 teaspoons of sugar.
4. The average man spends just 17 minutes a day on food prep and cleanup
5. The average man watches more than 3 hours of TV a day
6. More than 2 out of 3 men take less than 20 minutes to finish dinner
7. At least 25 percent of men skip breakfast
8. Men spend an average of 101 minutes a day driving
9. One in 4 men between the ages of 25 and 44 smoke cigarettes
10. About a quarter of all men have zero close friends to confide in